If your destination is Canada , we have described for you the steps to follow to obtain the temporary visa that allows you to study for up to 6 months. Below, you will find 5 steps but keep in mind that each case is different and it is necessary for a Global Connection advisor to tell you how to organize your application.
1. Gather the following documents in a folder or envelope:
to). Economic solvency : It is the amount of money you must have to make your trip. To know how to demonstrate financial solvency, you have the free advice of our expert, who will also provide you with the costs of accommodation, meals and tickets.
b). Personal documents:
- Cover letter containing the applicant’s full name, profession, plans, and clearly explaining what he will do after completing his studies in Canada.
- Reasons for returning to Colombia (does not apply in all cases but an advisor can tell you if it is necessary in yours)
- Valid passport and previous passports
- Among others.
2. Fill out the visa form with the advice of the Global visa center.
We will provide you with the forms and advise you to fill them out. For this, a person from the Global Connection visa center will summon you to organize the documentation and fill out the corresponding forms, which are:
- VFS form
- Temporary resident visa application form IMM 5257
- IMM 5645 Family Information Form
- Copy of the letter of acceptance from the Institution in Canada
- Among others
3. Conduct the document review with Global’s advice.
In the Global Connection visa center, you have two review filters so that the application is complete, without errors and in the order requested by the embassy. This step is very important because we want to be sure that your entire application will be delivered in the correct way. This will facilitate the review by the consul and increase the possibility of visa approval in the shortest possible time.
4. Introduce yourself to the VFS to file the application
The Visa and Passport Application Processing Service is the place to deliver the application for processing. Visa payment can be made directly there with a credit or debit card. This is a summary of the costs of the temporary visa:
Visa costs: $ 100CAD
Biometric data cost: $ 85CAD
The processing time is 2 to 3 weeks (in low season).
5. Receive the passport with the visa directly at your home
As an option an applicant can arrange for the envelope to be delivered by courier for an additional cost. You also have the option of picking up the processed request directly at the Request Center where you delivered it, of course at the specified and agreed time.
Remember that you must know the complete information for your case, because each story is different, and you can do it through a free consultation in our offices throughout the country with our advisers who will be willing to solve all your doubts.
We will advise you in every detail so that you have a … Excellent trip!